Curious and Kind Education empowers children to learn about themselves, others and nature while developing their minds and bodies.
- We believe nature nurtures learning.
- We believe in honoring children’s self-directed learning instincts.
- We believe education’s purpose is to create a kinder, more sustainable world.
In a nature-based setting, education is reimagined and keeps the sparks of learning alive for children. Curious and Kind is a place where every child feels seen, is loved, and has the opportunity to get a little muddy.
We are looking for great people to be prepared to grow the team soon. If you love children, nature and learning, we would love to hear from you!
Justine Wilson, MEd & EdS
Founder and Educator of Curious and Kind Education
Some of Justine’s best and earliest memories came before the nightly dinner bell would call all the neighborhood kids home. You could find her and neighbor kids knee-deep in the muddy creek, as they worked together to build dams and bridges all the while falling in love with nature. Justine went on to become an educator having worked as an outdoor science educator, grade 1 and 5 teacher, literacy coach and Prk-5 principal in 4 countries over 17 years. Recently, she gave herself the gift of time to reflect and align the purpose which drives her as an educator. She has a passion for trusting children and empowering them through self directed learning. She finds joy in facilitating and supporting children’s curiosities and interests inspired from nature.
Certifications and Credentials
- Forest School Teacher Institute- Emergent Curriculum & Director Training
- Masters degree in Education focusing on Integrated Place-based Education- Antioch University
- Principal/Administrator credential in Florida and Colorado